One of the hype-catching changes for iPhone users presented by Apple with iOS 14 this autumn has been the ability to customize widgets and app icons on home screens. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to do it.
It seems in 2020 with its iOS 14, Apple made a huge leap to give users the freedom of personalization. Now it’s possible to change the looks of the home screen widgets and icons totally to the style of graphics or photos users want. So, users have plunged in search of aesthetic app icons and photos to boast of original screens they’ve created.
Experiencing the spike of the search for pretty icons in Icons8 library, we’ve released a huge pack of diverse graphics for app icons to make the process of search easier and faster for you. And below you will find the detailed step-by-step guide on how to add a custom app icon.
Let’s go through the process of setting custom app icons on your home screen via Shortcuts.
How to Add Custom App Icons to iPhone Home Screen
1. Go to Shortcuts.
2. Press the Plus button in the top right corner.
3. On the New Shortcut screen, press the More (Three Dots) Button in the top right corner.
4. You need to reach actions. Use the search field to do it quickly.
5. Type in Open App into the search field to reach it quickly. That’s what is going to help you set the custom graphics for app icons.
6. Start Open App and press Choose.
7. Here you can search for the app you want to set a custom icon for.
8. Choose the app – we’ve chosen Music. And press Three Dots button in the top right corner again.
9. Give Shortcut a name.
10. Tap the tab Add to Home Screen.
11. And this is it! The moment you can choose the custom image for the app icon. Tap the icon in the tab Home Screen Name and Icons.
12. Choose the image from the Gallery (we’ve downloaded the icons from our Fluent pack).
13. Tap the needed icon and press Choose.
14. Now your Music app got the custom icon. Tap its tab.
15. Tap Add to finalize the shortcut customization.
17. Press Done and enjoy the original looks of your iPhone home screen!
And here are the examples of iPhone home screens with custom icons in different design styles.
Don’t miss a big pack of graphics in different styles, aka “aesthetic” app icons – check and download the ones you like to make your home screens look original in no time!
Check our collection with diverse examples of how iPhone users unleashed their creativity and customized their home screen widgets and icons and tons of icons in 30+ styles to customize yours. Learn how to remove background from image on iPhone.